[cfe-dev] Extent of CUDA support in clang as of 2.9-rc1

Tan Chee Eng tance.e6p3f2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 08:54:06 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm working on a CUDA source to source compiler which is using clang as it's
frontend. I've read some of the messages on this mailing list which seems to
indicate that CUDA support is on the way, and looking through the source for
2.9-rc1 shows signs that the AST should be able to handle at least some CUDA
semantics.

Unfortunately, when I do pass some CUDA code through my program, it clang
throws parse errors on tokens such as __global__ and __shared__. In my
initialization, I've set LangOptions.CUDA = 1. Did I miss something out, or
is CUDA support in clang still incomplete? I've spent the better part of the
last day looking through the docs and source trying to figure it out, and
any help or pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Chee Eng