[cfe-dev] HeaderSearch

Ilya Mirsky ilya.mirsky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 04:55:43 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm having a problem with HeaderSearch.
I need to add a custom path to search in, but If I do so it seems clang is
unable to find the standard headers.

This is the initialization code:

    _hsOpts->UseStandardIncludes = 1;
    _hsOpts->UseBuiltinIncludes = 1;
    _hsOpts->UseStandardCXXIncludes = 1;
    _hsOpts->Verbose = 1;

    _hsOpts->AddPath(headersPath, frontend::Quoted, true, false, true);

    ApplyHeaderSearchOptions(*_hs, *_hsOpts, _langOpts, *_triple);

    InitializePreprocessor(*_pp, *_ppOpts, *_hsOpts, *_fendOpts);

After this code is executed, clang ignores standard C library functions,
such as malloc.
If I don't execute this code, then malloc do recognized.

The output of verbose is:

ignoring nonexistent directory "/include"
#include "..." search starts here:
 tests
#include <...> search starts here:
 /usr/local/include
 /usr/include
End of search list.

So it does search in  /usr/include and should locate stdlib.h and etc..
Adding the path /usr/include mannually isn't working either.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Ilya

--