[cfe-dev] Errors building clang with mingw

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Wed Mar 16 17:15:02 PDT 2011

On 3/16/2011 7:38 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> Edward Diener<eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>
> writes:
>
>> I followed the instructions on the clang "Getting Started" page. running
>> '../llvm/configure' worked fine. Running 'make' worked for a long while
>> but finally gave me this error:
>>
>> "make[1]: Entering directory
>> `/c/Programming/VersionControl/clangbuild/tools/llvm-config'
>> llvm[1]: Regenerating LibDeps.txt.tmp
>> 'C:' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>> operable program or batch file.
>> nm failed at c:/Programming/VersionControl/llvm/utils/GenLibDeps.pl line
>> 230.
>> make[1]: ***
>> [/c/Programming/VersionControl/clangbuild/tools/llvm-config/LibDeps.txt.tmp]
>> Error 255
>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>> `/c/Programming/VersionControl/clangbuild/tools/llvm-config'
>> make: *** [all] Error 1"
>
> Most likely the build is using a non-MSYS Perl install.

I installed MSYS perl. I can see it in my msys/bin directory as perl.exe
and perl5.6.1.exe. When I tried to run 'configure' again it now gives me:

checking for perl... /bin/perl
checking for Perl 5.006 or newer... not found
configure: error: perl is required but was not found, please install it

I have no idea why it thinks that perl does not exist or is not the
right version.