[cfe-dev] Using CompilerInstance

Gagan Gupta gagang at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:28:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am a clang novice and trying to navigate my way through it.

I want to read in C++ source files (multiple) and identify calls to a
specific function so that I can insert a definition for it in the code.
I have written my ASTconsumer for the purpose.

As suggested in various posts, I am using CompilerInstance to hold the
C++ source files (one at a time) and parse the source code. At the
moment I am using  ParseAST on individual components of the
CompilerInstance. But I suspect there must be a more elegant way to
parse the source file once the CompilerInstance has been "populated". Is
there a way to do so? (I have written my own driver as opposed to using
command line clang.)

Also, how would one inject source code and generate the object code?
Any and all pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gagan