[cfe-dev] Broken "not" and platform file paths

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:43:18 PDT 2011

I'm trying to figure out why a bunch of tests are failing on Windows, and
the first thing I see is that the "not" program from utils/not reports that
the path given to it is not executable, which is because of forward slashes
in the Path object passed around, which nearly every Windows call that takes
a path will choke on.  The input path appears to come from the cmake
LLVM_BINARY_DIR variable through the lit.site.config file entry as part of
getting the path to the clang executable.

Before I start hacking on it, are you aware of this, and how do you want to
handle it, or is someone working on it?

I see that the PathV1 class is being deprecated, but it appears the Program
class depends on it, and PathV2 stuff is way different.

If it weren't deprecated, I would probably put in a function like
"PlatformPath", which assumes the string the Path object stores is kind of a
logical file name (as-is with the forward slashes), and the PlatformPath
function is called by any platform function to get the platform version of
it.

-John

--
John Thompson