[cfe-dev] windows testing - lit.py failure

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Mar 15 14:51:52 PDT 2011

dawn at burble.org writes:

> I build clang from the command-line with cmake on Windows 7 in a different
> build directory but am unable to run lit.py.  The command I use is:
>
>     python c:/llvmpath/lit.py  -sv --no-progress-bar --param=build_config=Debug c:/clangpath/test/Sema/wchar.c
>
> as directed in the "Testing on the Command Line" section of the "Hacking on Clang" html.
>
> I get the error:
> lit.py: lit.cfg:87: fatal: No site specific configuration available!
>
> On Linux it seems I have to run all the tests first with "make test" before
> I can run a single test with lit.py to set up the various configuration
> files it needs.  Do I need to do that on Windows?  If so, how would I do this
> from the command-line with cmake?

After looking at the CMake scripts related to testing it seems to me
that you don't need to execute `make check' for generating the
confiration files for lit.

Are you trying to test an installed Clang or LLVM? (that's not
supported) Is the python interpreter found when you configure your build
directory with cmake?

Those c:/llvmpath and c:/clangpath on your command looks suspicious to
me.