[cfe-dev] windows testing - lit.py failure

dawn at burble.org dawn at burble.org
Tue Mar 15 12:26:45 PDT 2011

I build clang from the command-line with cmake on Windows 7 in a different
build directory but am unable to run lit.py.  The command I use is:

    python c:/llvmpath/lit.py  -sv --no-progress-bar --param=build_config=Debug c:/clangpath/test/Sema/wchar.c

as directed in the "Testing on the Command Line" section of the "Hacking on Clang" html.

I get the error:
lit.py: lit.cfg:87: fatal: No site specific configuration available!

On Linux it seems I have to run all the tests first with "make test" before
I can run a single test with lit.py to set up the various configuration
files it needs.  Do I need to do that on Windows?  If so, how would I do this
from the command-line with cmake?

Thanks,
-Dawn