[cfe-dev] LLVM linker substitute for GNU's '-sectcreate'

Nick Kledzik kledzik at apple.com
Thu Mar 10 12:52:38 PST 2011

The Xcode4 linker *does* support the -sectcreate and -seg1addr options.  What makes you think it does not?

Also, to see the linker version actually being used in an Xode build, add -Wl,-v to the "Other linker flags" for the target.   Xcode has a couple copies of linkers, so it may be not running the one in /usr/bin.

-Nick