[cfe-dev] ConceptClang Prototype

Larisse Voufo lvoufo at cs.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 9 15:24:22 PST 2011

Hi Clang --

I have updated the work on concepts with some regression tests.
The code and all necessary documentation are or will be available from the
url:

http://zalewski.indefero.net/p/clang/

Following what seems to be Clang's recommendation, the tests are under
*CLANG_DIR/tests/Concepts/*, where *CLANG_DIR* is the location at which you
would've installed the downloaded package.

This said... Things are still under revision, but the following features
have definitely been tested more closely:

* Concept definitions
* Concept maps: definitions and instantiation.
* Associated function templates
* Concept coverage and lookup
* late_check
* implicit concepts
* explicit derivation
* associated requirements
* concept derivation
* constrained templates: concept checking

Some features have been implemented to some minimal extent, and are thus
sure to be a bit buggy (they have not been tested beyond simple parsing at
all):

* Concept ids as qualified name
* associated function template
* concept map templates
* associated types

The following features will be fully implemented and tested before we,
preferably, start soliciting more thorough Concepts-related
advices/comments.

* concept map templates
* associated types
* concept-based overloading

Until then, any Clang-retaled suggestion will be greatly appreciated, if you
happen to get a chance to take a look at
the deployed implementation. Who knows? I'm sure there is at least a thing
or two that I'm doing, some assumptions that I'm making, that could reuse
clang's current implementation better.

Yes, the Clang-code base that this is based from is a bit outdated at the
moment, but I will be merging it with current updates soon-ish.
I also will be uploading recent talks on Concepts and working with Clang
shortly, in the next few days.

Until then,

Thanks a lot for all the help!

-- Larisse.