[cfe-dev] clang bootstrap broken on darwin10

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Sat Mar 5 11:26:02 PST 2011

   I found the origin of the build failure. It is the habitually
leaky buildroot in llvm's projects. I have constantly had to deinstall
the prior copies of llvm/clang/llvm-gcc42 before the new builds
consistently complete. The problem seems to be that the llvm Makefiles
allow the previously installed copies of the llvm shared libraries to be
used in later in the builds rather than the newly built copies. I am
amazed that this issue isn't run into more often.
            Jack