[cfe-dev] User documentation for supported warnings and --analyze mode

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Mar 3 10:59:32 PST 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:17:33 -0800, Ted Kremenek said:

>>> If you are comparing between GCC and Clang, are you more interested
>in static analyzer warnings, or compiler warnings?  The latter is a
>better apples-to-apples comparison of functionality between the two
compilers.

>> I want to compare supported warnings + get more information on the
>> static analyzer and its capabilities.
>
>Sounds completely reasonable.  Unfortunately, documentation on either is
>completely lacking at this point.

That's a real shame because one of clang's greatest advantages over gcc
is it's warnings.  I've often wondered if there's some great warning
flags that could help me that I haven't turned on because I just don't
know about them. :(

Is there a -Wall-and-I-mean-really-all ?  If so, combined with -
fdiagnostics-show-option, one could start with everything and weed out
ones considered too noisy.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com