[cfe-dev] error: use of undeclared identifier '__builtin_ia32_addss' while building clang using clang

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Mar 1 15:28:17 PST 2011

On 3/1/11 3:48 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:11 AM, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
>
>> W dniu 27.02.2011 03:35, Chris Lattner pisze:
>>> Hi Marcin,
>>>
>>> This is a common problem, check out this section and the attached script:
>>> http://clang.llvm.org/compatibility.html#vector_builtins
>>
>> Hi!
>> Thanks for link, i didn't spot this . It's good explanation but solution
>> isn't good for me. I don't like to change files owned by other packages,
>> i don't want to mess up system. I prefer (if it's possible) to have all
>> needed changes to be done inside clang package.
>> Regards!
>
> Hi Marcin,
>
> Ok, then I'd suggest working with the upstream project to get them to update their code.
Uh, the "other package" he's talking about is GCC. Good luck with that.

I still think you need to make Clang use its internal headers instead of
GCC's internal headers. That was the original problem here. You should
probably get rid of the -I parameter adding GCC's internal headers to
Clang's search path. If that doesn't work, put it back, then try adding
a '-I/usr/lib/clang/2.9/include' to the command line.

Chip