[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Reminder: LLVM 2.9 Branching in One Week

OKUMURA Yuki mjt at cltn.org
Tue Mar 1 04:09:39 PST 2011

Hi list

2011/3/1 Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at grenoble-inp.fr>:
- snip -
> At least one person did that (partly manually):
>
> https://github.com/earl/llvm-mirror

FYI, I did same for clang here:
https://github.com/spurious/clang-mirror
(this repository is diverged to official one
because it includes some old history which official
git-mirror had omitted)

2011/3/1 NAKAMURA Takumi <geek4civic at gmail.com>:
- snip -
> ps. afaik llvm.org/git/llvm.git is diverged to
> https://github.com/earl/llvm-mirror.

It is not a real problem. We can git-rebase beyond two diverged repository.
1. add preferred git-mirrors as remote and fetch, checkout preferred one.
2. (Branch, work on it, commit)
3. git rebase --onto official-llvm-git-mirror/master my-own-mirror/master..HEAD
4. git svn dcommit
will work. (This assumes the branch "my-own-mirror/master" and
"official-llvm-git-mirror/master"
point _same_ SVN revision.)

(Please refer git-rebase(1) "recovering from upstream rebase"/"hard
case" for more.)

But, of course, I also encourage llvm people to create a 2.9 branch in
official git mirror...