[cfe-dev] ARCMT test failures

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Wed Jun 22 08:00:18 PDT 2011

On 22 Jun 2011, at 15:28, Rafael Ávila de Espíndola wrote:

>> I only get these failures on a Release+Asserts build. On a
>> Debug+Asserts build they go away.
>
> What is the host compiler? Maybe it is miscompiling clang?

With GCC 4.2.1 on FreeBSD, I can't compile the ARCMT library.  Or, at least, I got bored waiting after GCC had spent 10 minutes of CPU time and 500MB of memory (still slowly climbing) on a single file.  Does it do some particularly evil template things?  I can build all of the rest of clang in the time it took to give up compiling that file...

David

-- Sent from my brain