[cfe-dev] clang/llvm emit call to compiler_rt not present in libSystem (_mulodi4 for instance)

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Tue Jun 21 02:04:31 PDT 2011

Hello,

I see that recently clang started to emit call to new symbols from compiler-rt that are unfortunately not available in libSystem on Mac OS 10.6.
So, to be able to link such code, the new osx variant of the compiler-rt library is required.

Maybe emitting such code should be made optional to prevent this dependency, but in the meantime, I attach a patch that tells clang to build and use libclang_rt.osx.a when possible.

-- Jean-Daniel