[cfe-dev] Build error on Windows (MinGW)

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 03:41:09 PDT 2011

2011/6/17 John Myers <atomicdog.jwm at gmail.com>
> Using Mingw r133168 and r133209 fails here for me...
>
> [ 76%] Building arm_neon.inc...
> ..\..\..\..\..\bin\tblgen.exe: Record `VCVT_N_F32' does not have a field named `isVCVT_N'!
>
> make[2]: *** [tools/clang/include/clang/
>
> Basic/arm_neon.inc.tmp] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [tools/clang/include/clang/Basic/CMakeFiles/ClangARMNeon.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Nope, don't have that problem with r133168 or r133250. Maybe there's
something wrong with your setup?

2011/6/17 Adam Smalin <acidzombie24 at gmail.com>
> I was able to build using VS and cmake on windows. But that was using 2.9. Maybe you want to consider using a tag?
>
> i'll note that you may be missing headers and they are in the build folder. You may need python installed as well but i am unsure

I have all the tools and utilities installed. "make check", which
tests LLVM itself and uses Python and GNUWin32 tools, shows no failed
tests. It's the Clang part that isn't working.

2011/6/17 NAKAMURA Takumi <geek4civic at gmail.com>:
> Ruben,
>
> It seems libclang.dll (and possibly cyclic deps) issue, ...
> In arcmt-test/Makefile, libclang.dll (and import libs) is not touched.

OK, then there are symbols exported/defined from/in libllvm which are
also defined/exported from libclang. The proper fix is probably to not
have these defined in libclang source code, and instead use the
version from libllvm.

Ruben