[cfe-dev] OpenCL-specific types *revised*

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Fri Jun 10 15:56:55 PDT 2011

Anton,

Thanks for breaking these types out into their own class.

Some comments:
- Name mangling: I was under the assumption that vendor extensions had to be in the form of u<string>. Perhaps thats not correct?

- Serialization: I believe this will be required for people who want to use PCH, so I think these functions should be implemented.

- Sampler: I notice that you are not emitting an initializer and only emitting metadata. Why is this? This is going to break any backend that doesn't handle the metadata the same way. I'm not sure why metadata is even necessary.

- ImpCastExprToType: sampler special case. How does codegen take care of this?

- Nit pick: End comments with proper punctuation (missing a bunch of periods).

Thanks,
Tanya