[cfe-dev] compilation regression, "fatal error: error in backend: Cannot select..."

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jun 2 08:41:05 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 08:33:35 -0700, Stuart Hastings said:

>Yes, this is almost certainly my fault.
>
>Sean, could you advise me how to extract a test case to reproduce this?

I'm afraid I neither know much about the vxl project nor C++.  (I build
it nightly because it is a dependency of a dependency of my application,
and as I hope to switch to clang one day, I contribue the nightly build
so that the vxl developers can keep their code building with clang.)

I image you should be able to repro by building vxl with clang.

<https://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vxl/trunk/>

It needs CMake to build.  Perhaps you are already familiar with CMake
from it's use in llvm/clang?  If not, basic instructions here:

<http://vxl.sourceforge.net/releases/install-latest.html>

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com