[cfe-dev] -Warray-bounds seems over-zealous on Clang

Peter Geoghegan peter at 2ndquadrant.com
Mon Jul 25 11:53:21 PDT 2011

Hi Chandler

On 20 July 2011 10:48, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
> I'm planning to look at this tomorrow.

Did you get a chance to look at it?

It will interest some of you to know that I've created a blog post on
my experiences with the Clang community, which have been very
positive. The post is also a general Clang advocacy piece. It says
that it was posted on Saturday, although it wasn't syndicated on
planet Postgresql today and I just started blogging, so it was
effectively made public 3 hours ago:

http://pgeoghegan.blogspot.com/2011/07/could-clang-displace-gcc-among.html

I think that the yet-to-be-published follow-up blog post, which
explains some work I did in co-operation with a colleague of mine,
Greg Smith, will generate a lot of interest. He is probably the
world's foremost authority on PostgreSQL performance, in part because
he wrote an extremely well received book on the subject.