[cfe-dev] LLVM European User Group Meeting 2011 - Call For Participation

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Fri Jul 8 04:06:45 PDT 2011

Dear LLVM users,

ARM Ltd. is proud to sponsor the first European LLVM User Group Meeting, in
London, UK, on the afternoon of Friday, 16th September, 2011.

This will be a half-day meeting for LLVM users to exchange ideas, expose new
developments and generally strengthen the network of LLVM developers in and
around Europe. The meeting is open to anyone, from corporate to academia,
professionals to enthusiasts.

While this is not a full conference like the US LLVM Developers' Meeting, we
plan to have talks, posters, demonstrations and a lot of discussion. We hope
that those most active in LLVM development will consider attending both
meetings.

The topic themes for the September 2011 meeting include:

* CPU architecture support, code generation, generic optimizations
* OpenCL and graphics processing
* Interesting research and projects using the LLVM infrastructure
* Current developments and the future of LLVM (MC, JIT, vectorisation, &c.)

Call for Speakers, Posters, Demos:

We are looking for speakers to cover these topic themes. Speakers may
represent research, hobbyist, or commercial activity. All are welcome. For
this initial meeting we are planning to have only 3-4 presentation slots and
place for a couple posters, so we shall choose papers/posters/demos breadth
first, to cover as many topic themes as possible.

The deadline for receiving an extended abstract is 09:00 BST 1st of August,
2011. Speakers will notified of acceptance or rejection before 17:30 BST 9th
August 2011. The final submission deadline is 09:00 BST 12th September 2011.
Slides and posters must be in PDF format and will be published
electronically via the LLVM web presence after the meeting.

Organisation

We'll be discussing the organisation of the event on the main LLVM mailing
list (llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu), and we welcome suggestions and help. The event
will take place during the afternoon and we'll provide dinner and some beer
at the end to complement the networking.

Registration:

Registration is via email (Euro-LLVM at arm.com), on a first-come-first-serve
basis, free of charge. Please, send your details (name, email,
company/institution) and we'll publish this in the official LLVM website
(unless requested otherwise). Attendance will be limited to about 60 people,
depending on the venue.

Financial Support:

At this time, we cannot be sure if there will be funding for active
contributors and students to attend the event. However, we are hopeful that
we will have company sponsorship to make this happen. Those who are funded
are required to present at the meeting and may have other requirements from
their sponsor (i.e. writing a blog post, etc).

If you need funding to attend the meeting, or can help sponsor, please tell us
in your registration email (to Euro-LLVM at arm.com).

About LLVM:

The Low-Level Virtual Machine (LLVM) is a collection of libraries and  tools
that make it easy to build compilers, optimizers, Just-In-Time  code
generators, and many other compiler-related programs. LLVM uses a  single,
language-independent virtual instruction set both as an offline code
representation (to communicate code between compiler  phases and to run-time
systems) and as the compiler internal  representation (to analyse and
transform programs). This persistent  code representation allows a common
set of sophisticated compiler  techniques to be applied at compile-time,
link-time, install-time, run- time, or "idle-time" (between program runs).

The strengths of the LLVM infrastructure are its extremely simple  design
(which makes it easy to understand and use), source-language  independence,
powerful mid-level optimizer, automated compiler  debugging support,
extensibility, and its stability and reliability.  LLVM is currently being
used to host a wide variety of academic research projects and commercial
projects.

For more information, please visit:
http://llvm.org/