[cfe-dev] license question about source link to clang

Asm warrior asmwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:26:02 PST 2011

On 2011-1-21 9:44, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2011, at 5:22 PM, asmwarrior wrote:
>
>> I have found the FAQ
>> see:http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatIsCompatible
>>
>> but after reading for several hours, I still does no get the clean answer.
>> I know that LLVM/UIUC's license is compatible with GPL, but if my code was statically link to libclang, can I publish the code under GPLV3 ?
>>
>> This is the main point I still can't find under the FAQ.
>
> My understanding is that if you add code to libclang and link that into a GPL app, that the entire unit is GPL including the code you add.
>
> -Chris

Thanks for the response.

So, The answer is definitely "YES" to my original question.

I just asked in stackoverflow site, and get the same answer here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4754683/publish-a-gplv3-lincensed-project-which-statically-link-to-a-bsd-style-licensed-l

Finally, it seems that currently there's no barrier to start a New
Codecompletion plugin for Codeblocks now.

asmwarrior
ollydbg from codeblocks' forum