[cfe-dev] Clang support for Arch Linux

Kevin Winchester kjwinchester at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 04:15:41 PST 2011

On 25 February 2011 03:57, Mulder, Jonathan <mulderje at muohio.edu> wrote:
> Hi Chandler,
> I had submitted a patch a while back for this that didn't get picked up, in
> order to compile anything c++ related I also needed to include the attached
> portion.
> Note: I've only actually tried this on a 32-bit machine, but the 64bit path
> was what I saw in the arch package when I checked online.
> Also, I didn't need the Lib = "lib" chunk; although it doesn't seem to break
> anything for me. Maybe that's needed for the 64bit?
> Thanks,
> Jon

Yes, I am running 64-bit Arch Linux, and basically all libraries go in
/lib and /usr/lib, with the exception of a handful that go in /lib64.
I'm not sure why this is, but it seems to confuse the logic in the
ToolChains.cpp file into thinking it should use a "lib64" directory.

My patch was simply to force the use of "lib" on Arch Linux, so
hopefully that works for 32-bit and 64-bit.

I have not tried anything in C++ as of yet, so I would not have seen
the issue your patch addressed.  Hopefully it can be added as well, as
I likely will encounter it at some point.

Kevin