[cfe-dev] ast-print-xml for C++ and templates

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 16 04:53:06 PST 2011

On 2011-02-16 05:46, Michael Lehn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a little documentation tool for C++.   For this I need
> to parse C++ files to some degree.  For this purpose I want to extract
> from source/header files what function signature gets defined/declared
> in what line.

Are you sure you want to write a new tool for this ? Did you consider
using an existing code introspection / documentation tool instead ?
Synopsis can give you the information you want, as it is highly
configurable (e.g., what kind of objects are you interested in, in what
scope(s), etc.)

You may just write your own little "formatter" plugin (in Python) that
prints the desired information to stdout, if you don't want an actual
report in HTML or some other markup language.

FWIW,
         Stefan