[cfe-dev] RFC: missing libclang query functions / features

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 15 12:29:14 PST 2011

Here is a list of queries I'd like to express via libclang, but
presumably can't.

Could you please confirm that these aren't yet implemented ? (I may
start working on patches in that case.)

* clang_CXXMethod_isStatic() queries whether a member function is
static. There appears to be no such thing for 'virtual' and 'const'.
Also, a similar query (for static) would be useful for non-function
members ("fields").

* clang_getCXXAccessSpecifiers() is documented to report the access
control for a base class (which the cursor argument is referring to).
May this function be extended to also report access level for members.

* There doesn't appear to be any function to query a function's
exception specifier.

* Would it be possible to report dependent types / expressions with a
new cursor type, instead of the common "UnexposedExpr" ?

Thanks,
         Stefan