[cfe-dev] New C++0x feature support in Clang

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Feb 4 14:07:30 PST 2011

Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> writes:

>>> The -U is there because, without it, the errors begin with:
>>
>> -U__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ is for disabling C++0X features on
>> libstdc++. std::move is a C++0X feature.
>
> But the whole point of this thread is testing Clang's C++0x features
> with libstdc++ in C++0x mode! We don't learn anything by turning off
> these features in the library.

Precisely, the OP should remove -U__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ if he wants
to test Clang's support for libstdc++ >= 4.4. But my impression is that
he is just trying to get his code compiled with Clang and is trapped
between a rock and a hard place: -U__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ avoids
Clang's problems with libstdc++ C++0x features altogether but then his
code doesn't compile because it uses those features.