[cfe-dev] [OpenCL patch] kernel attributes implementation

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at tut.fi
Tue Dec 20 02:49:49 PST 2011

On 12/20/2011 11:18 AM, Benyei, Guy wrote:
> I’ve implemented the handling of these new attributes in the TCE target
> info, since reqd_work_group_size attribute is already implemented there.
> I also use this target for testing.

Thanks! :)

There was some discussion about implementing these OpenCL C kernel
attributes some time ago [1]. The discussion somehow died.

The question raised there was why cannot we add these by default when
compiling OpenCL? This would enable pocl [2] to support these OpenCL
features for all LLVM targets. The OpenCL implementations that implement
the attributes in some other way can just ignore the metadata (except the
required work group size cannot be just ignored, AFAIK).

[1] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-December/046204.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/pocl

--
Pekka