[cfe-dev] please check out compiler-rt

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Wed Dec 7 02:57:44 PST 2011

Le 7 déc. 2011 à 04:07, Daniel Dunbar a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> Executive Summary:
> --
> Please check out compiler-rt into llvm/projects, and keep it up to
> date. For example:
>  (cd ~/llvm/projects && svn co
> http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/compiler-rt/trunk compiler-rt)
> or:
>  (cd ~/llvm/projects && git clone http://llvm.org/git/compiler-rt.git)
>
> Long Version:
> --
> We've had the compiler-rt project (and used it for productizing
> Clang/Darwin) for a while now, but we've never really publicized it
> for day-to-day development and most developers probably don't have it
> checked out.
>
> However, with the recent introduction of more Clang code which
> requires runtime support (first profiling, most recently ASAN), it's
> becoming more important that developers have a checked out version of
> compiler-rt in order to ensure that the built compiler functions
> properly.
>
> The plan is that we will use the compiler-rt project to hold the
> source code for all of the runtime libraries we need for LLVM/Clang.
> This is still in its infancy for platforms other than Darwin, but it
> would be good to migrate the standard development setup to include a
> checkout of compiler-rt now. My goal is that all you need to do is
> check compiler-rt out into $(LLVM_SRC_ROOT)/projects/compiler-rt and
> keep it up to date.

As a side note, keeping it up to date is easy if you are using the makefile build system and svn.

Just use "make update" and it will update llvm, clang, compiler-rt and other projects checked out in projects directory.

I don't know about the cmake build system, but there is probably a way to do it too.

-- Jean-Daniel