[cfe-dev] Clang: Well Written and Commented

Tom Distler tom.distler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 12:35:25 PST 2011

I just wanted to extend my compliments on the quality of the Clang
code base. Not only did it compile/run first try, but the components
are well organized and the code sanely commented. Without going into
the long story, I was able to modify the compiler in 3 days to support
an alternate (joke) C++ syntax (eubonicode). The real motivation was
to learn how a compiler worked beyond the textbook, but I was
pleasantly surprised at the readability of the code.

The full story (and my patch file) can be found on my blog if you're
interested, but that's not the point of this email:
http://tdistler.com/2011/12/03/eubonicode-hackin-c-gangsta-style

Keep up the good work!
-Tom