[cfe-dev] Apache '0x compiler comparison page

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Mon Dec 5 07:41:17 PST 2011

On Dec 4, 2011, at 11:38 PM, Miles Bader wrote:

> Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> writes:
>>> Does anyone know any apache folks?  This should get updated for Clang 3.0:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/C++0xCompilerSupport
>>
>> Errr.. after reading past the first line, I see it is already updated! :)
>
> It would probably be worthwhile to read through it and make sure the
> clang entries are accurate.
>
> I've know I've made updates to both clang and gcc entries, based on
> test cases, but then subsequently somebody reverted some of the clang
> changes; I don't really know who's right in that case, but it suggests
> that there may be some inaccuracies.

Comparing against Clang's own status table at:

	http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html

Shows a few differences:
  1) Clang 3.0 does support alignas, although it doesn't support the alignas pack expansion (alignas(T)…)
  2) Clang 3.0 supports explicit conversion operators
  3) Clang 2.9+ supports extended friend declarations
  4) I don't know specifically what "Built-In Type Traits" refers to, but Clang 3.0 supports a number of type traits, documented at http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html#checking_type_traits

Naturally, if the missing entries on the stdcxx page are because Clang failed to work with some code written to test the feature, we'd love to know about it!

	- Doug