[cfe-dev] Switching http://llvm.org/demo to clang or providing a separate clang demo

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:06:00 PDT 2011

> Why not build a bunch of cross-compilers, and use the right one depending
> on the
> target?

I honestly don't know what it takes to setup a cross compiler, and I
wouldn't be the one doing it - I expect this would fall on Tanya's plate.

My best guess at an answer to your question would be: it's not worth it.
Which is all fuzzy & subjective, of course (& only a guess coming from me,
since I don't know the cost & don't have a vested interest in the value it
will provide)

> That said, I'm not going to give you a hard time if you cheat :)

Fair enough - I'll take a look at Bjarke's work & either take it wholesale
(perhaps with a warning when the user selects anything other than x86 32/64)
or at least make it work for x86 32/64.

- David