[cfe-dev] Support for MS keyword __ptr32.

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:47:09 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Chris Cudmore
<christopher_cudmore at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Clang, Doug,
>
> Find attached a patch that adds support for MS keyword __ptr32, please can
> you review. This is my first patch and I did create it using svn diff on a
> Windows system, is it correctly formatted please (CRLF etc)?
> This patch resolves problems parsing windows.h where BaseTsd.h includes a
> macro that defines POINTER_32. This is on a Win 7 x64 VS 2010 platform using
> the following command line (supplied by Francois Pichet who has done
> outstanding work on Windows support to date);

Hi, I committed in r138533
Watch out the tab and the 80 columns formatting. see:
http://llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html

> Would like to work on continued support for Windows but am unsure what is
> realistically achievable and where to start? Also, from Apple's perspective,
> what are you looking for with regard to Windows Interop?
> I guess my ideal endpoint would be full code generation using just Windows
> headers and libraries providing the option to replace the Windows
> compiler and linker thereby getting all the cool features that are
> constantly being added to clang, especially static analysis. Understand that
> there are issues linking primarily with name manglling, any work going on
> here? Then larger issues with loadable modules not being supported (this one
> I do not understand too well therefore have no idea if this can be
> resolved?)

It is really up to you to contribute if you want to.
Personally, I am focusing on adding Microsoft C/C++ extensions to the
clang frontend with the goal of using the static analyzer on MSVC
projects.