[cfe-dev] proposal: every warning should have a -W flag

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Tue Aug 23 01:04:40 PDT 2011

Ted Kremenek <kremenek at apple.com> writes:
> although ideally GCC will hopefully try and match our choice of
> warning flags as well when they add new ones.  :)

Indeed, and now that Clang's in basically good shape, it would make
sense to do so.

But I'd think there might need to be a bit of prodding at first, just
because Clang might not be on gcc's radar to the same degree gcc is on
Clang's radar (simply because of the way the two projects evolved).

[When I mentioned "mechanism" earlier, I wasn't really thinking of
something super official, but maybe just a person or two who'd keep
the issue in mind and try to send appropriate emails -- in either
direction -- when some nudging seems appropriate...]

-Miles

--
Once, adj. Enough.