[cfe-dev] JIT to MSVC?

Graham Wakefield wakefield at mat.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:57:00 PDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm having an issue JIT compiling some C++ in an application I'm working on. JIT is failing with an llvm linker error on symbol _Znwj (the C++ new operator) on Windows, but works fine on OSX. As far as we can tell, this may be because the JIT is mangling new for the g++ standard library, but the host application is built using Visual Studio 2008 (aka VC9) which has a different mangled name for new.

I was wondering if there are any configuration options we can use for Clang/LLVM to target MSVC runtime (for JITted code), or if anyone has any suggestions for strategies for embedding libg++ (the application will need to work on non-developer systems, so we can't rely on the presence of libraries on the system.)

Thanks in advance