[cfe-dev] -ferror-limit omits part of last error message

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:44:17 PDT 2011

Here's a test (I'm not sending a patch because I don't know where to put
this file). The output now looks like this:

error-limit.c:4:8: error: redefinition of 's1'
struct s1{};
       ^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now
error-limit.c:3:8: note: previous definition is here
struct s1{};
       ^
2 errors generated.

Note comes after the fatal error, but I don't see an easy way around this.
Is this good enough?

I've also noticed a difference in how ferror-limit accepts its parameter
depending on how clang is invoked (driver or the front-end):
clang -ferrror-limit=1
clang -cc1 -ferror-limit 1 (doesn't accept ferror-limit= syntax)
Is this intentional?