[cfe-dev] Building LLVM+Clang with Clang+libc++

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:12:19 PDT 2011

>>    ../../../../llvm/configure --enable-optimized --disable-assertions
>> --prefix=/home/dblaikie/Development/llvm/clean/install/x86-32/Release/llvm
>> --with-built-clang CXXFLAGS=-stdlib=libc++
>
> I guess --with-build-clang would be useless Was it for testing
> llvm-gcc(or similar)?
> Did you try "CC=/path/to/clang CXX=/path/to/clang++"?

Actually I hadn't - I guess I'd assumed that the build needed all
sorts of other tools & was hoping these --with-* build related
arguments would find them altogether. But CC/CXX seems to have worked
sufficiently (I added a break in, just to check I got clang errors
out). I'm not sure how to check that it's actually using libc++ (I
suppose I could break one of the libc++ headers & see what happens, or
access a non-existent member of an standard template & see which
headers it points to)

& if anyone else happens to know about whether those
--with-built-clang & similar arguments are actually meant to work &
how they're meant to work, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the help, Nakamura.

- David