[cfe-dev] cfe-dev Digest, Vol 46, Issue 91

Yuri Gribov tetra2005 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:41:51 PDT 2011

> Well, the idea is that this is less expensive than the occasional
> massive rebuild mentioned above.

I see, so for some usage scenarios current behavior is preferred.
Still it's somewhat counter-intuitive.

> You can try
> changing the code in cmake/modules/TableGen.cmake and see if using
> `copy' works significantly better for you.

Well, yeah, I just sedded all vcproj files changing all
copy_if_different to copy and all problems went away.

> Then we could consider making it optional.

I think we could simply mention it somewhere in the docs. Digging this
problem took quite some time and there is no need for other people to
repeat this process.

> Is seeing those commands
> executed (and the associated wait time) instead of VS saying "everything
> was up to date" what bothers you, right?

Genau, that's what I was trying to say.

--
Best regards,
Yuri