[cfe-dev] Implementing a new language

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Mon Sep 27 10:53:42 PDT 2010

On Sep 27, 2010, at 3:03 AM, Mark Chandler wrote:

> I was looking into adding support to compile c# (in a limited subset with manual memory handling) into clang but i have no idea where to start. I would like to be able to make it interact with c++/c code thus using clang.

Do you really think this is a good idea? C# is a very different language from C and C++, despite superficial similarities. Also, the language is not really designed to cope with manual memory management, and would be quite complicated to use in such a context. (Not that this has much to do with the compiler itself anyway.)

I also don't quite understand your goal. What do you mean by interact? Do you also want to interact with real C#? Do you want to interact on the source level or the binary level?

Sebastian