[cfe-dev] clang builds ioquake3

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Wed Sep 22 01:11:06 PDT 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to tell you guys, that ioquake3 r1796 builds with
clang on FreeBSD, without making any changes to ioq3.

The last time I tried, the engine was built and basically working
but did not render certain objects and building the modding tools
failed, too.

Now everything just works out of the box.

I hope to find the time in October to address some of the compiler
warnings issued and deliver a patchset to the ioq3 project.

By the way:
> clang -v
clang version 2.8 (trunk)
Target: x86_64-portbld-freebsd8.1
Thread model: posix

Thank you for working on this great compiler.

Regards,
Dominic Fandrey