[cfe-dev] david's integer overflow stuff

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Tue Sep 21 21:32:48 PDT 2010

> Is it possible to unify the two somehow?

Hi Chris-

If you mean "can a single trap handler provide both verbose error messages
and also high-performance interposition like David wants" then I would
expect that the answer is no.  It takes time and bloats code size to
marshall up all the arguments that our handler wants.

On the other hand, our interface is basically a superset of David's.  My
belief is that suporting both trap handling interfaces will not be
invasive at all, and that it is useful to support both.  The only
difference is that when compiling a program in verbose trap mode, the
trap-handling BBs will contain more stuff.

John