[cfe-dev] Objective-C runtime

Fariborz Jahanian fjahanian at apple.com
Mon Sep 20 15:52:19 PDT 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 8:53 AM, Ariel V Feinerman wrote:

> Thank you very much! The more I meet with clang the more I like one.
>
> Suppose our Unix has libobjc.so, can it be done in this way:
>
> clang -fnext-runtime -fobjc-nonfragile-abi2 -llibobjc -o test test.m
>
> Is the technic to statically compile the libobjc or put it into the
> bundle, ie relative to programme, ie the path to lib hasn`t been
> hardcoded?

-fobjc-nonfragile-abi2  does not mean a new abi so, no need for a new
library. It was a temporary name and for testing
purposes which got out of hand. We are debating a suitable name for
the feature which is essentially language enhancements
(within the existing nonfragile-abi).
Stay tuned.

- fariborz