[cfe-dev] Running clang tests under Windows

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Tue Sep 14 20:23:43 PDT 2010

I was able to build llvm and clang using VS Studio 8 under Windows. I do
not understand how CMake works as a VS Studio 8 utility, but the
ALL_BUILD project built everything, including clang, with no errors (
but there were warnings ).

There is no explanation about running clang tests although the web page
says:

"Try it out (assuming you added llvm/debug/bin to your path). (See the
running examples from above.)"

I see no running examples above.

I do see a number of clang test projects in the VS8 solution. When I
tried building the "clang-c++tests" project but with a slew of errors.
But since I do not understand how CMake works as a VS8 tool, I can
hardly tell what these errors are all about. Any ideas ?

If you are using other tools to test clang, there should be some
explanation how this works. Needless to say I am not a big fan of having
to learn other technologies ( CMake in this case ) just to run C++
tests. But I do understand the necessity depending on the situation.