[cfe-dev] [CLang] First try

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Oct 28 10:38:44 PDT 2010

Klaim <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> 2. I switched to Windows but this time wanted to compile CLang (I'm more
> used to Visual Studio than other environnement for C++) and start looking at
> the code once it runs correctly. I got the 1.28 tag version.
>     I used cmake to generate the 64bit version of the project files for
> Visual Studio 2010. It generates almost correctly but there seem to be a lib
> missing, making the whole compilation never work without this lib undefined
> (in CMake files?). Am I correct in thinking this is not supported yet?

Please submit a bug report for that, with full copy&paste of the errors
found.

> 3. Then I switch to 32bit "normal" Visual Studio 2010 projects. Everything
> compiled apparently correctly (wel done guys! :D ). I built directly the
> Release mode
>     Is the Release mode the final binary mode or is the small size mode the
> final one?

That is up to you to decide.

> 4. Then I tried to build the same (rewritten from memory) hello world than
> previously. I got a bunch of errors because it seem that it tries to use
> VS2010 STL headers (that's ok) but C++0x R-Value References don't seem to be
> supported so it couldn't handle the headers that seem to heavily use it (as
> VS2010 implement a version of RVR ).

clang support for Windows is flaky at best. It is being improved,
though. clang support for C++0X is lacking wrt other compilers. This
creates problems when using VS2010 headers, which enable C++0X features
by default, and recent libstdc++ when you enable C++0X support on clang.

>     a. I might have not looked at the right documentation but I couldn't
> find a way to try activate C++0x features in CLang. I know there should be
> only minor support for this at the moment, but is there such a command line
> parametter?

Yes, the same as g++: -std=XXX (where XXX is c++0x, for instance.)

[snip]