[cfe-dev] pass case sensitive information to a llvm target backend

Alexander Herz alexander.herz at mytum.de
Mon Oct 18 02:20:55 PDT 2010

Hi,

we're writing a new target backend (based on the c backend) for the
llvm. We need to pass case sensitive strings from the command line to
the backend (unix paths). Currently we're using the Subtarget features
string to relay the information.
It turns out that the llvm applies a to_lower to the this string, so
unix paths become basically useless.
Is there a better way to pass this information to the backend. If not,
what are the chances that a patch that disables the conversion to lower
case for this string is accepted?

Thx,
Alex