[cfe-dev] Clang and C++Ox : what I'm doing wrong

James Noble jamzo at me.com
Fri Oct 8 09:14:35 PDT 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 11:47 AM, Argyrios Kyrtzidis wrote:

> Why are we requiring a definition for Test::value, isn't this
> supposed to be used as a constant ? John ?
>
> -Argiris

I think the C++ standard mandates that even a static const variable
must have a
definition.  I think some compilers allow integral types to skirt
around that but
I think this is why there is the "enum hack" for C++ ... the following
is a link
to an article that describes the enum hack

http://www.drdobbs.com/184403277

James