[cfe-dev] Adding namespaces to Objective-C

Adam Nohejl adam at nohejl.name
Fri Nov 12 01:55:16 PST 2010

On 2010/11/12, at 9:16, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

> Input Managers are a plague and I'm happy that Apple finally blocked them.

Did they? In 10.6.5 input managers installed in /Library still work. IIRC only those in ~/Library stopped to work at some point. But anyway, InputManager hacks are a problem whether we have namespaces or not (and at the same time you can do some cool things with them.)

For plug-in developers, having namespaces or classboxes would be great. In my view this is the single most important argument, unless there is some other reasonable way to allow two plug-ins within a single application to load different versions of the same framework.

--
Adam