[cfe-dev] Error: Unsupported asm: input constraint with a matching output constraint of incompatible type!

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Wed Nov 10 21:54:00 PST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 9:38 PM, Santosh Nagarakatte wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to compile bitvisor-1.1, a hypervisor with clang
> distributed with llvm-2.8. I am getting the following error
>
>  Unsupported asm: input constraint with a matching
>       output constraint of incompatible type!
>
> gcc works with the benchmark and compiles it. What should I do to
> get it compiling with clang?

First, see if this looks like PR 3373 (see Bugzilla link on llvm.org).
If not, build llvm TOT (top of tree) from source following the
directions on the website, and see if it's been fixed; some bugs in
this area were fixed recently.
If not, file a new bug report, with reproducible test case.  llvm-gcc -
save-temps should get you a .i file, which is what we need.