[cfe-dev] checkers: decoupling ValueManager from GRStateManager

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Mon Nov 8 06:04:22 PST 2010

Hi Ted,

> I think a reasonable starting point is to try and sever GRStateManager from GRSubEngine.
I've attached the probably most pragmatic approach to this mail. Making
the GREngine in GRStateManager a pointer that can be 0 and adding
another c'tor which doesn't rely on the manager creator functions (in
order to enable manager c'tors with heterogenous argument lists) just
made the trick.
The question is whether you can live with this hack or how the
ProcessRegionChange/WantsRegionChangeUpdate functions can be refactored
out of GRSubEngine otherwise. Another c'tor in GRStateManager is surely
unavoidable due to the manager creator functions.
While you are going to think about this I'll try to answer the question
whether I can use that GRStateManager for my problem. I'll let you know
later this week.

Best Olaf