[cfe-dev] build clang failed under MSYS (windows)

asmwarrior asmwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 18:35:35 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-4 8:40, NAKAMURA Takumi wrote:
> Please show us "./config.status --version", thank you.
>
> eg. $ ./config.status --version
> llvm config.status 2.9svn
> configured by ../../llvm-cur/configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.63,
>    with options "'-C' '--disable-docs' '--enable-pthreads'
> '--enable-optimized' '--enable-assertions=yes'
> '--prefix=/c/Users/chapuni/llvm/build/msys-shared/install/stage1'
> '--enable-shared=yes' '--enable-targets=all' 'CXX=ccache g++'"

> This config.status script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
> gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.
>

> ...Takumi
>

> 2010/10/26 asmwarrior<asmwarrior at gmail.com>:
>> I just follow the instruction here: ( I just use the svn to update to the
>> latest clang and llvm)
>>
>> http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html
>>
>> Then I have all the required tools installed.
>>
>> When I finish the configure, I simply run the "make" command under the llvm
>> folder.
>>
>> But here is the error :
>>

>> $ make
>> Makefile:130: /Makefile.rules: No such file or directory
>> make: *** No rule to make target `/Makefile.rules'.  Stop.
>>

>> I just look at the makefile line 130:
>>
>> # Include the main makefile machinery.
>> include $(LLVM_SRC_ROOT)/Makefile.rules
>>
>> It seems $(LLVM_SRC_ROOT) is not defined.
>>
>> How can I fix this kind of problem?
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> asmwarrior

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have just update the llvm and clang to the latest svn.
Then do it again.

it seems configure command works fine , but make command give the same
error:

/e/clang_build/llvm
$ make
Makefile:130: /Makefile.rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/Makefile.rules'.  Stop.

here is the report:

  /e/clang_build/llvm
$ ./config.status --version
llvm config.status 2.9svn
configured by ./configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.60,
   with options ""

This config.status script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.

by the way, eranif ( the author of codelite IDE) gives me a good
instruction here:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13559.msg91482.html#msg91482

he use the cmake to generate makefile for mingw. (it seems we don't need
perl for mingw), but under MSYS, I need to install the perl.
And eranif has disabled the "index" target. Can clang developers fix
this build problem? thanks.

asmwarrior