[cfe-dev] SourceLocation of FunctionDecl

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Tue Nov 2 11:15:08 PDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Nimrod Partush wrote:

> Yes that would be nice to have.
>
> But i think the greater issue here is the correctness of the location retrieval functions. GetLocStart for a FunctionDecl should retrieve the start of the decleration, including storage class, etc. Overall, many times I've seen these function miss the target and that's a shame.

Then please file bugs or (better yet) submit patches.

It's not always clear-cut what these functions should do. For example, consider:

	int f(), g();

Where is the start of f() and the start of g()? They probably shouldn't overlap, but that means either leaving the decl-specifier-seq out of both of them or only placing the decl-specifier-seq only on f(), both of which are weird.

	- Doug