[cfe-dev] get clang to use gcc headers instead of Visual Studio headers

Nathan Ridge zeratul976 at hotmail.com
Sat May 22 16:34:33 PDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to try out clang++, to see how suitable of a substitute
it might be for g++ as a cross-platform C++ compiler.

I've built clang on Windows using the instructions provided here for
Visual Studio: http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html,
and now I'm trying to get it to compile a project that was previously
compiled with MinGW's g++.

However, I get a bunch of errors, and in the errors I can see that
clang++ is using the system headers provided by Visual Studio.

Is there a way to get clang++ to use the MinGW g++ headers instead?

Thanks,
Nate.